Terms & Conditions
Welcome to BUDDY!
CanvasTec OÜ provides the website BUDDY.date. With our Service BUDDY users can create a profile for finding friends and casual dates, and to participate in the BUDDY online community for all gay and bi males, and transgenders.
5. In the event of a dispute between the Parties concerning the explanation of a legal term, the Estonian explanation of this term will prevail.
2. Use of the Service
2. The User acknowledges and agrees that BUDDY does not pre-screen User Content posted or transmitted by means of the Service and that BUDDY has no influence over the User Content provided by means of the Service. BUDDY is not liable and/or responsible for the User Content provided by means of the Service and/or any use made of the Service by Users.
• include software such as viruses or Trojans that can damage or erase computers or data of BUDDY, Users or third parties or make it unavailable or inaccessible;
• bypass technical security measures of the computer systems of BUDDY or third parties;
• involve unreasonable or disproportionate use of the infrastructure of the computer systems of BUDDY or third parties or impede the functionality or functionalities of the Service;
• involve manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “trawl”, “spider” or scrape any content of the Service;
• constitute unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk, spam, bulk e-mail, scam and/or phishing;
• infringe any third party’s Intellectual Property Rights, privacy rights or any other rights;
• involve (virtual) child pornography or bestiality;
• harm minors in any way, including but not limited to establishing unlawful contact;
• promote or provide instructions or information about how to engage in illegal conduct, commit illegal activities or promote physical harm or injury;
• involve any illegal activities or activities that are contrary to morality or public order;
• involve false or misleading information;
• involve unlawful use such as harassment or stalking of other Users; and/or
• involve otherwise inappropriate use;
• be unlawful in any way whatsoever;
5. The use of the Service is at the User’s own expense and risk. The User is responsible for meeting the technical and functional requirements and using the electronic communication facilities that are necessary to be able to access and use the Service. The risk of loss, theft or damage to any of its data will at all times be borne by the User.
6. The Service may contain information that is derived from and/or may refer to third parties’ websites or services (for instance via hyperlinks, banners or buttons). Third party terms or conditions may apply to these websites or services. BUDDY has no control over the information and content of these third parties’ websites and services. BUDDY does not accept any responsibility and/or liability for this information and content of these third parties’ websites and services.
1. In order to be able to use the Service optimally, the User has to create an Account in the way as described on the Website. By means of the Account, the User can amend, update and/or delete his Profile. The User is responsible for keeping his Credentials confidential. The User is responsible and liable for all use made of the Service by means of his Account. As soon as the User knows or has reason to assume that his Account has come into the hands of unauthorized persons, the User should inform BUDDY of this, notwithstanding his own obligations to take immediate effective measures himself, such as changing the password of his Account.
2. The Service is not intended for persons under the age of 18. A person must be at least eighteen (18) years old in order to become a User and make use of the Service. By accessing the Website and by using the Service, the User confirms and guarantees that he is indeed at least eighteen (18) years old and that, according to the laws of the country in which he resides and/or the laws of the country from where he is accessing the Service and Website, he is allowed to access the Website, to create an Account and to use the Service and Website.
3. BUDDY accepts no liability for any damages resulting from unauthorized access to or use of the Service by the User or third parties.
4. The User may register his own user Account, as described on the Website or in the App. The User may only register a user Account if he is a natural person and only on his own behalf.
5. BUDDY may, at its sole discretion, request a User to provide additional information to verify Personal Data and/or User Content that the User has posted on his Account and/or the Service. Based on this additional information, BUDDY may decide to edit or delete Personal Data and/or User Content and/or to suspend or delete the Account and the User’s use of the Service.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
2. The User is not permitted to sell, rent out, transfer or grant restrictive rights to the Service, or to make it available to third parties in any way or for any purpose. The User will also refrain from granting third parties access – remotely or otherwise – to the Service or to provide the Service to a third party.
3. The User retains all Intellectual Property Rights with regard to the User Content he uploads. BUDDY does not claim any Intellectual Property Rights that belong to the User. The User grants BUDDY a royalty-free, unencumbered, world-wide, sub-licensable, non-exclusive right to use User Content he uploaded solely in connection with the Service provided by BUDDY by means of the Website.
4. The User himself can control which of his User Content including pictures become publicly visible.
5. BUDDY may present content, that a User has chosen to make publicly visible, by email to other Users of the Website.
6. This license granted in 5.3 ends when the User deletes his User Content or his Account. When the User deletes User Content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, the User understands and agrees that removed content may persist in caches and/or backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others). The above does not apply to User Content that the User has shared with other (BUDDY) Users or third parties. Such User Content has to be deleted by the recipients of such User Content. The User understands and accepts that these recipients may not have deleted such User Content and that the deletion of such User Content is beyond BUDDY’s control.
7. BUDDY does not sell, trade or rent Personal Data of the User to third parties without the User’s prior consent. More information about the manner in which BUDDY safeguards and processes Personal Data of its Users can be found in BUDDY’s Privacy Statement.
1. During the use of the Service, the User provides Personal Data to BUDDY. This Personal Data will be saved and processed in accordance with the Privacy Statement, and the applicable Estonian legislation in force from time to time, currently being the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The User acknowledges and agrees that it is his responsibility to review the Privacy Statement periodically and familiarize himself with any updates.
1. In order to stop breaches of any third parties’ rights as soon as possible, BUDDY has developed a procedure for reporting allegedly infringing or unlawful User Content. Users can send a Report which should contain the information as stated on the Website.
2. BUDDY will study the Report. Based on the information in the Report and/or any other information, BUDDY can, at its sole discretion, decide to take the measures it deems appropriate, including but not limited to:
• issuing a warning to the responsible User;
• deactivating the responsible User’s Account;
• deleting the responsible User’s Account; and/or
• deleting User Content.
3. BUDDY reserves the right to forward the Report to the User responsible for the allegedly infringing or unlawful User Content.
4. BUDDY reserves the right not to meet the requests made in the Report, for instance if it has reasonable grounds to doubt the accuracy of the Report, the validity of the evidence provided or if a balancing of interests requires BUDDY to do so. In this context, BUDDY may require – for instance – a judicial decision of a competent court in Estonia, which judicial decision demonstrates that the material or the activity is manifestly unlawful.
5. BUDDY will in no event be a party to a dispute between the User and the party that submitted the Report, unless BUDDY, at its sole discretion, decides otherwise.
6. By issuing a Report, the User will indemnify and hold BUDDY harmless against any third-party actions or claims related to the deletion of material or stopping of activities. The indemnification includes all costs and damages BUDDY may suffer and has suffered in connection with such action or claim, including – but not limited to – the costs for legal aid.
7. BUDDY respects and protects the privacy of Users and/or third parties who submit Reports. All Personal Data that it receives with a Report will always be processed in accordance with 7.1.
7. Indemnities and interruptions
1. BUDDY does not warrant that the Service will be error free, complete or up-to-date at all times.
2. The User agrees that the Service only provides the functionality and other features as found in the Service at the time of use (“as is”). BUDDY does not guarantee that the Service or any part thereof will be accessible at all times and without any interruptions or failures. Failures in the Service can occur as a result of failures in the internet or phone connection or as a result of viruses and/or faults/defects. BUDDY is not liable towards the User for any damage, loss or costs resulting or arising from the Service being (temporarily) unavailable, including but not limited to the loss of data or inability to access or use the Service.
3. BUDDY is entitled to change and/or update the Service and replace the design and lay-out of any of the functionalities of the Service without any prior notification and without being obliged to pay any compensation whatsoever to the Users.
4. BUDDY is entitled to put the Service (temporarily) out of service and/or to reduce the use of it without any prior notification and without being obliged to pay any compensation whatsoever to the User, if in the opinion of BUDDY this is necessary, for instance in connection with the reasonably required maintenance of the Service or due to force majeure. Force majeure includes – but is not limited to – site or building blockades, strikes, riots, civil disruption, war, terrorist acts, inclement weather, epidemic, specific work interruptions, delay in transportation, earthquake, fire, storm, flood, or water damage, delay in or cancellation of the delivery to BUDDY of parts, goods or services ordered from third parties, or governmental, legal or regulatory restrictions.
5. BUDDY does not warrant in any way whatsoever that any terms and conditions applicable to third party software or services – including but not limited to the terms and conditions of Apple and Google – allow the use of and/or interaction with the Service.
8. Limitation of liability
1. BUDDY’s liability for attributably failing to perform the Agreement or any unlawful act will be excluded, to the extent allowed by a mandatory or peremptory rule of law.
2. The User’s only remedy in the event of an attributable failure or unlawful acts of BUDDY, is to discontinue the use of the Service and/or to delete his Account.
3. In the event that BUDDY is liable for damages under a mandatory or peremptory rule of law, the damage will be limited to an amount of EUR 100.- per event (a series of connected events being considered as one event). In no event will BUDDY’s total, aggregate liability, exceed EUR 200.-.
6. The limitations mentioned in the preceding paragraphs of this section 10. shall not apply if and insofar as the damage or injury is the result of intentional acts or omissions or gross negligence by BUDDY or its managers.
09. Termination and remedies
1. The User is entitled to terminate the Agreement at any time by discontinuing the use of the Service and/or by terminating the Account.
2. In addition to the other remedies available to BUDDY, BUDDY is at all times, at its sole discretion, without prior written notice or explanation and without becoming liable to the User, entitled to:
• temporarily or permanently terminate the User’s Account and his use of the Service in the event that BUDDY, at its sole discretion, deems such termination necessary, including but not limited to a violation as mentioned in 2.4, 3.2, 3.6 or 8.2;
• (temporarily) restrict or suspend the User’s activities in connection with the Service or to ban a User from the Service;
• ban a User from using the Service and prevent banned Users from creating a new Account and/or delete Accounts created by banned Users;
• (partly) edit, delete or refuse any content or services within the Service as described in 2.3 and/or 8.2
3. All provisions which are meant to survive the termination of the Agreement, including but not limited to all of the User’s representations, warranties and indemnification obligations, shall survive such termination.
10. Third parties
2. As part of the Service it provides, BUDDY pursues fraud identification and prevention. To this end BUDDY may provide Personal Data to (a) third part(y)(ies) it hires to perform fraud identification and prevention activities as our processor on its behalf.
1. Any and all correspondence and communication between the User and BUDDY may be undertaken in the English language. In case the User does not understand the English language, he must immediately inform BUDDY of this.
2. BUDDY can be contacted by means of the contact details available on the Website.
12. Applicable law and competent court
• Account: the section created by the User upon registering for the Service, such as a user account which section is maintained by him and which section includes the Personal Data that the User provided during the registration process;
• Agreement: the agreement between BUDDY and the User for access to and use of the Service;
• Credentials: the User’s Profile name and/or E-Mail address and password that are required to access the Account and use the Service;
• Intellectual Property Rights: all the intellectual property rights including but not limited to rights such as copyrights, trademark rights, patents, model rights, trade name rights, database rights and neighboring rights as well as the rights to know-how;
• Parties: the User and BUDDY;
• Personal Data: any data that directly or indirectly relates to an identified or identifiable natural person;
• BUDDY: the private company with limited liability CanvasTec OÜ operating the website www.BUDDY.date., having its office in 15551 Tallinn, Republic of Estonia, at Sepapaja 6;
• Privacy Statement: BUDDY’s privacy statement available on the Website
• Profile: the part of the Account which is visible to other Users. The Profile is part of the Account;
• Report: the notice which can be used to report infringing User Content, available on the Website;
• Service: all services, including Additional Services, provided by BUDDY by means of the Website;
• User: the natural person registered for the user Account;
• User Content: any content provided by the User by means of the Service, including but not limited to Profile information, forum posts, profiles, images, videos, classified advertisements;
• Website: all websites, domains, IP-addresses and all underlying pages thereof, used by BUDDY in their performance of the Service including but not limited to www.BUDDY.date.